Greetings InterPlanetary Community!
The InterPlanetary Space Training Camp is over and now that we are all back to Earth, I have the joy of sharing the news and learnings with you.
If you aren't familiar with the InterPlanetary Space Training Camp (opens new window) (IPFS Camp for short), it was a 3 day Hacker retreat for the Builders of the DWeb. Attendees travelled through a space portal (opens new window) to get to the Space Training Station in another Galaxy (Star coordinates yet undisclosed). Throughout the Camp, attendees had the chance to participate in:
Specialized and focused trainings on building for the DWeb.
Catch up on all the recordings and materials at 📼 👩🏽🏫 https://github.com/ipfs/camp#-core--elective-courses (opens new window)
Collaborate in Groups to understand, explain and present how multiple parts of the DWeb Stack work
Catch up on all the recordings & notes at 📼 📒 https://github.com/ipfs/camp#-poster-projects (opens new window)
Form small teams to understand, research and come up with solutions to one of the many open problems
Catch up on all the recordings & notes at 📼 📒 https://github.com/ipfs/camp#-deep-dives (opens new window)
# ⚡️ Lightning Talks (opens new window) - Learn what is the latest from multiple projects in the IPFS ecosystem
Catch up on all the recordings at 📼 https://github.com/ipfs/camp#%EF%B8%8F-lightning-talks (opens new window)
Get blown away by huge Sci-Fi experiments, soon to be seen in a Network close to you
Catch up on all the interviews at 📼 https://github.com/ipfs/camp#-sci-fi-fair (opens new window)
Gather folks around shared topics of interest and discuss collaborations.
Catch up on all the artefacts at 📒 https://github.com/ipfs/camp#-unconf (opens new window)
# IPFS Camp
defined by the number of
new projects that get started.
And it was a blast. Here is a quick video recap as a souvenir for everyone that was there, and a postcard for everyone that didn't get a chance this time around:
However, the IPFS Camp spirit doesn't stop here, now it is all about continuing the dialog that got started and taking all the learnings and materials to local IPFS Communities, showing and teaching more folks how to build on the P2P Web. All the content produced can be found in the IPFS Camp Repo -- http://github.com/ipfs/camp. We will be posting all the recordings soon as well.
Last, but definitely not the least, a huge THANK YOU ❤️ to everyone that contributed to the event. IPFS Camp wouldn't be possible if it werent for:
- The 160 Attendees coming from over 22 Countries!
- The 67 Content Creators (opens new window) that produced all the training and talk material for the camp attendees
- An outstanding Production Team (opens new window) that created the phenomenal experience for everyone
- The over 4000 IPFS Community members that have been building this project with us since the beginning
On behalf of the whole IPFS Project, thank you all for being part of this project and community, such an ambitious goal couldn't be achieved without all your energy, passion and dedication to make it happen. Onwards!
David Dias & The IPFS Team
Extra: As a closing gift, here are some random interesting facts about Camp:
- 😸 IPFS Camp was the 1st time the Laser Cat bot became P2P Laser Cat bot (opens new window)
- 🍦 All you can eat fruit ice cream made all attendees very happy.
- 👋🏽 Textile created a P2P Tag Game (opens new window). I believe the last person to be "it" is still looking for the next person to tag, so look out at future events!
- 👕 The first SWAG Trading Post was established, an eco-responsible way of attendees picking the item of swag they love the most or trade for others, avoiding the regular Conference waste and making sure everyone can optimize.
- 📶 The Wifi worked! Well, almost, we are sorry for that one morning hiccup. Thank you everyone (especially the course trainers!) for coming prepared with ways to make everything work offline and distributed ❤️
- 📦 The whole NPM was crammed into a box for the first time, an homage to Jen from the IT Crowd.
- 🔌 The power cut out for a bit, but the Space Training Station continued to operate! Offline first FTW!
- 🤝 Many people organically found and recommended people to find at camp using The Gathering (opens new window).
- 💻 IPFS Camp content is over 4200 lines - created through 269 commits from 63 individual Github Accounts (opens new window) - and these numbers keep growing. WOW!