IPFS, Filecoin, and our many ecosystem friends are very excited to announce the Browsers 3000 Hackathon, beginning July 8 and running through September 21, 2021!
This hackathon is a six week virtual event to explore and accelerate the development of web3 in the browser through experimentation and challenge prizes. It kicks off with a one day summit with speakers from your favorite browser makers and other projects building browser infrastructure for web3 and P2P technologies today, and will include workshops and presentations up until the show-and-tell demo and awards ceremony in September.
# Why browsers, and why now?
Web3 technology is growing rapidly and what better time to bring together a group of people building the browsers of the near future, today! We’re gathering web builders, browser makers and the dweb community together to grow both the vision of that future and the community building it. By participating, you will have the opportunity not only to view showcases, technologies and visions of a decentralized web browser, but to experiment with what’s possible—and win prizes!
# Browsers 3000 Kickoff Summit - July 8, 2021
We’re kicking Browsers 3000 off with a one day summit with speakers from browser makers and other projects building browser infrastructure for web3 and P2P technologies today, including but not limited to browser and ecosystem friends from:
- Microsoft (opens new window)
- Handshake Protocol (opens new window)
- Brave (opens new window)
- Unstoppable Domains (opens new window)
- Igalia (opens new window)
- Unlock Protocol (opens new window)
- ENS (opens new window)
- Puma Browser (opens new window)
- Agregore (opens new window)
- Mozilla (opens new window)
- Fission (opens new window)
- Grant for the Web (opens new window)
- Coil (opens new window)
- MetaMask (opens new window)
- Cloudflare (opens new window)
- ...and more!
For the six weeks after the summit, teams and individuals can participate in a hackathon, building and experimenting with melding the web and browsers with the P2P and dweb superpowers in order to find new ways to empower users and put them in control of their lives online.
Browsers 3000 is offering three grand prizes of Filecoin (FIL) awards for first, second and third place, across multiple criteria and judged by a panel from the participating organizations such as browsers, naming services, wallets and more.
- First prize $10,000 in FIL
- Second prize $5,000 in FIL
- Third prize $3,000 in FIL
A pool of $20,000 in FIL will be split between projects using IPFS, Filecoin or libp2p.
Bonus prizes will be awarded by a number of the participating organizations, for uses of their projects and technologies - which they’ll be announcing at the event kickoff summit!
The event will conclude September 17, 2021 in a show-and-tell demo speedrun and an awards ceremony you won’t want to miss.
Browsers 3000 expects all speakers and participants to follow the IPFS Community Code of Conduct (opens new window).
# Interested? Get started now
- Sign up to be notified when registration opens (opens new window). Registration will be opening soon, and your email address will be used once, solely to notify you of registration opening.
- Register to attend the Browsers 3000 Kickoff Summit (opens new window) on July 8, 2021.
- Check out the builders resources available at the Browsers 3000 site (opens new window) to get a jumpstart on your project idea.
- Join the IPFS Discord (opens new window) and the #browsers3000 channel!
- Follow along on Twitter (opens new window) for updates and announcements!