# Building Web3: Berty
There are known security issues in current Web 2.0 messaging services built on centralized networks. Berty (opens new window) addresses these issues with a distributed communication protocol that takes advantage of the decentralized infrastructure provided by IPFS to build an untraceable messaging system. It’s completely peer-to-peer, open-source, and it can operate over bluetooth, without an internet connection. Read more (opens new window) on the IPFS blog and join the Berty community (opens new window).
# Brand New on IPFS ✨
- Recently Michelle Lee joined Patrick Wheeler and Jason Gauci on The Programming Throwdown (opens new window) to talk about how Web3 disrupts the client-server model and introduces trust back into the web. More importantly, they discussed IPFS’ role in powering these developments. Listen to the episode (opens new window).
- Applications for the Faber Filecoin Accelerator (opens new window) are open until March 31st. Join the fully-remote, 12-week program to work with entrepreneurs and engineers solving the hardest problems in getting new Web3 infrastructure and applications off the ground. Apply now (opens new window)!
- Cryptography is going to space! Stanford PhDs at Cryptostat (opens new window) are in collaboration with the community to launch Bernardo David and Carsten Baum’s work on a new time-based cryptographic primitive known as the Verifiable Delay Function (VFD) powered by unique satellite properties. Read the official announcement (opens new window).
- ETHGlobal’s BuildQuest (opens new window) Summit is coming to an end. Watch (opens new window) the demos of the top 10 teams and see all the winners of this The 12-day hackathon focused on gaming and the metaverse. You can also watch Discordian’s Intro to IPFS and Blockchain (opens new window) and Pan Chasinga’s IPFS Build 3D Voxel Characters in MagicaVoxel (opens new window) workshop recorded at the BuildQuest Workshop Day from March 5th.
- Mark your calendar for Konstantin Tkachuk’s Intro to IPFS and Filecoin and How They Shape the Future of Web3 on March 24. Besides a high-level look at what the systems do, Konstantin will go into their potential, applications, and user-friendly tools for developers in this 45-minute workshop. Set a reminder (opens new window) on Youtube.
- Take a look (opens new window) at this quick tutorial on how to upload your NFTs to IPFS via Pinata and Rampp.xyz by Tim Carambat. Everything is handled from your browser and requires no coding at all.
- Watch Yusuf Abdulrahman’s video (opens new window) on how to upload files to IPFS directly from your browser as well with a dedicated tool (opens new window).
- Read through Rounak Banik’s two-part guide on creating generative art NFTs and storing their metadata on IPFS. He’ll take you through the generation process (opens new window) in Python to pinning (opens new window) the data on IPFS with Pinata.
# Want to help build the new internet? 💼
Senior Social Media Manager (opens new window): Protocol Labs is seeking a Senior Social Media Manager to both build best-practice growth strategies, own social tactics, and posting across all of our various channels. Your goal is to assist, educate, and excite every member of our community. You will be responsible for communication with our community primarily on Twitter, Reddit, and Slack but also occasionally over email, Telegram, Discord and other channels. This audience includes everyone from industry leaders, Protocol Labs partners, and investors to miners, developers, and users. Protocol Labs, Remote.
Startup Operator, Asia Ecosystem Growth (opens new window): As a member of the Ecosystem Growth team at Protocol Labs, you’ll scope, lead and manage initiatives that help grow Filecoin storage providers in Asia, with an initial focus in China. Your work will span multiple areas, including business development, process improvement, project management, analytics, and more. In this role, you will work closely with the Ecosystem team’s leadership to structure and solve complex problems, then drive solutions forward across the organization. Protocol Labs, Remote.
Community Manager (opens new window): Valist is hiring a community manager to help expand outreach, community, and brand awareness. In this role, you will have a strong influence on our growth strategies, forge and develop great relationships with our community members and key partners, and create high quality content. You will be working closely with technical co-founders and engineers. Valist, Remote.
Blockchain Engineering Lead (opens new window): As 3Box Labs’ first Blockchain Engineer you will lead engineering, implementation and optimization of the Ceramic Blockchain and contribute to the overall cryptoeconomic design of the network. You'll tackle some of the most novel challenges in decentralized tech, work closely with our rapidly growing open source community and many of the best technologists in the world, and help reinvent how data is managed online. 3Box Labs, Remote.
Developer Relations (opens new window): Textile is seeking someone to run large-scale community projects. These include amplifying our grants program to fund community projects, curating governance groups where we bring community stakeholders into our technology planning, engaging with external teams like Gitcoin and EthDenver to support large-scale developer events, and giving technical presentations at events. This position also includes day-to-day engagement with our Slack group, helping to triage GitHub issues, hacking on demos, writing blog posts and technical guides, and more. We are looking for a self-directed leader who wants to build a developer community while staying hands on with technology. Textile, Remote.
Fullstack Engineer (opens new window): Textile's web products and services are written primarily in Golang and TypeScript, and communicate with Textile's core gRPC services. You will own the end user experience and have full ownership over the product stack, from research and development to implementation and production monitoring. Textile, Remote.