# Welcome to the IPFS Weekly. 👋
The InterPlanetary File System (IPFS) (opens new window) is a new hypermedia distribution protocol, addressed by content and identity. IPFS enables the creation of completely distributed applications. It aims to make the web faster, safer, and more open. Since that’s a pretty large scope, we track development across the ecosystem in this weekly dispatch.
Looking to get involved? Click on some of the links below, see what we’re up to on GitHub (opens new window), or join us on IRC (opens new window).
Want this update in your inbox? Subscribe to our weekly newsletter! (opens new window)
Here are some of the highlights since the last IPFS Weekly.
# The latest
# Improving the IPFS Release Process
go-ipfs is introducing a new release cycle and process to ensure more reliable and frequent releases! Check out the IPFS blog for more details (opens new window).
# The IPFS/libP2P Help Desk is coming to ETHBerlin!
To help developers quickly hop over hurdles and get back to building awesome hacks, ETHBerlin will have a dedicated IPFS/libp2p help desk (opens new window) available for hackers to visit during the hackathon.
# go-ipfs 0.4.22 released 📣
You’re going to want to check out the recently released PATCH version of go-ipfs (opens new window) based on 0.4.21 containing some critical fixes.
# IPFS in the wild
Do you follow IPFS on Twitter (opens new window)? For the latest mentions of IPFS in the news, check our Twitter feed or see the latest articles on Awesome IPFS (opens new window).
- Tupelo as it relates to IPLD and IPFS (opens new window), Topper Bowers, 19 August 2019
- Berty team at IPFS Camp (opens new window), Berty, 15 August 2019
- Benchmarking IPFS Gateways (opens new window), Aadhi Manivannan, 13 August 2019
- The Responsibility of a Developer with regards to Climate Change (opens new window), Matthias Wahl, 13 August 2019
- Decentralized Storage: Leading the Digital Storage Transformation (opens new window), MemoLabs, 13 August 2019
- Is storing encrypted files on IPFS good enough? (opens new window) Michael Smolenski, 12 August 2019
- Will the next generation internet be built on blockchain technology? (opens new window) 12 August 2019
- I know IPFS, what’s the deal with Qri? (opens new window) 12 August 2019
- Ethereum Classic’s Amazing Kademlia System (opens new window), Christian Seberino, Ph.D., 12 August 2019
- Towards an Interoperable Name Service Standard (opens new window), Makoto Inoue, 15 July 2019
- How to Enable a .Eth Domain in Your Local Network (opens new window), Makoto Inoue, 8 July 2019
- How to Host Your Dapp With IPFS+ENS and Access It Via EthDNS (opens new window), Makoto Inoue, 21 June 2019
# Updates and new releases
See the latest releases of IPFS tools and projects across the ecosystem.
- This is what’s coming for IPFS Cluster 0.11.0 (opens new window).
- Peergos v0.1.2 (opens new window) - Including upgrade to ipfs v0.4.22 and Amazon S3 datastore plugin
# Open Positions working on IPFS
- React Native Developer (opens new window), Berty, Paris, France
- Senior Backend Engineer (opens new window), MXC Foundation gGmbH, Berlin, Germany
- Senior Golang Engineer (opens new window), Textile, Remote
- Distributed Systems Technical Lead, IPFS (opens new window), Protocol Labs, Remote
- IPFS Documentation & Technical Content Strategist (opens new window), Protocol Labs, Remote
# Tools and projects we ❤️
Awesome IPFS (opens new window) is a community maintained and updated list of projects, tools, or pretty much any things related to IPFS that are totally awesome. To see more, or add yours to the list, visit Awesome IPFS on GitHub (opens new window).
- Introducing Pyramids! (opens new window) Load the page dynamically creating crypto key pairs! Their public parts can be uploaded to IPFS. The IPFS hashes can then be registered in a stellar transaction.
- go-ipfs-log (opens new window) – Go version of append-only log CRDT on IPFS
- Ambients Encoding Examples (opens new window) – Examples of computation abstractions using the Robust Ambients calculus
- TMFS: a IPFS concept design (opens new window)
- IPFS content distribution checker (opens new window): a simple IPFS content distribution checker tool
# Coming up in the Community
Did you know IPFS has a community forum at discuss.ipfs.tech (opens new window)? Sign up to participate in discussions about coding, tutorials, see announcements and learn about upcoming community events.
- 21-23 August 2019: DappCon Berlin (opens new window): A global developer conference for Ethereum Dapps, Infrastructure, and token engineering, Berlin Germany.
- 22 August 2019: ProtoSchool Seattle is hosting an
August Decentralized Web Meetup (opens new window), details TBA! Seattle, WA (US).
- 23 August 2019: Decentralised Storage Summit (opens new window) is an in depth conference that will feature presentations and panels on topics such as file storage, databases, adoption and more. Berlin, Germany.
- 23-25 August 2019: ETHBerlinZwei (opens new window) is the second iteration of ETHBerlin, a hackathon, a culture festival, an educational event, a platform for hacktivism, and a community initiative to push the decentralized ecosystem forward. Berlin, Germany.
- 31 August 2019: ProtoSchool - Shanghai Chapter: Technical Salon Session 5 (opens new window): Protoshool Shanghai Chapter is a group of people passionate about the Decentralized Web and excited to learn, teach, and share ideas. Everyone is welcome! Shanghai, China.
- 4 September 2019: Paris P2P (opens new window) is a monthly meeting organized by and for the community of P2P and cryptography enthusiasts. Paris, France.
- 16 September 2019: Victoria Tech Meetup September 2019 (opens new window): sign up to attend once they’ve confirmed date and venue! Victoria, British Columbia, Canada
- RESCHEDULED – 27-30 September 2019: Offline Camp Oregon (opens new window) had to be postponed, but it’s still happening! Hear how past campers describe this unique unconference retreat (opens new window) focused on the Offline First (opens new window) approach to web development and design.
# Thanks for reading ☺️
That’s it for this week’s news on all things IPFS. If we missed something, send us an email and let us know! That way we can feature you in next week’s edition.