IPFS Weekly 73
by Jenn Turner on 2020-01-14
Welcome back to the IPFS Weekly
Here’s what’s happening lately in the InterPlanetary File System galaxy and beyond! 🚀
Top 10 recent highlights
- Announcing collaborative clusters, the first set of public collaborative clusters, creating an easy way to join the IPFS Network.
- An IPFS Use Case, or why IPFS is well-suited to handle the buying and selling of data.
- The IPFS Docs Beta is live! Learn more about helping beta test to make it even better.
- New release: IPFS Cluster 0.12.0 is here!
- Hands-on IPLD Tutorial in Golang: Getting Started with IPLD
- ProtoSchool has enabled social sharing. When a user completes all lessons in a tutorial, they’re now presented with a congratulatory message and an opportunity to share their success on Twitter!
- Comparing IPFS and Dat: Everything you wanted to know about the two.
- A Quick Dive Into the Dweb with IPFS, no joke like 15 minutes quick.
- IPFS Storage Adapter for Ghost Blog with Heroku Deploy
- Get caught up on the IPFS All hands with Peergos
Current work in progress
An update from the IPFS Core Implementations team: * go-ipfs 0.5.0: Delays due to existing issues. Remaining testing requirements have been defined. * js-ipfs: Steady progress progress on async/await refactor. * js-ipfs: unixFS 1.5: merged mode and mtime support. * Bitswap protocol extensions: Progress on implementing bitswap protocol extensions in both JS/Go * go-ipfs: Effort to use multihashes rather than CIDs in DHT, Datastore etc., is in progress.
Any awesome #c++ devs out there? The distributed-wikipedia-mirror could use a helping hand to get updated snapshots of Wikipedia in Turkish, English, and more!
Looking to dip your toes into some fresh libp2p and Nim development?
Don’t forget to get involved with the new IPFS docs beta by testing, contributing content, or voting on new features!
Check out our mentions
- The Coming Decentralized Decade, 06 Jan 2020
- The library is now OPEN, the real Secure, Private and Unblockable VPN, 04 Jan 2020
- Build a dynamic website… or not? 02 Jan 2020
- How ICTE will use IPFS and Cloudflare to create a secure trading environment, 28 Dec 2019
- Building a Distributed AppStore with 3Box, 27 Dec 2019
- A protocol & event-sourced database for decentralized user-siloed data, 18 Dec 2019
- Intro to Web3 and Protocol Labs, 18 Dec 2019
- Off-Chain Data: Why traditional clouds don’t work for blockchain data, 17 Dec 2019
- You Know It - Prove It! 16 Dec 2019
- Decentralized React states - using IPFS to sync, store, and recover state, 13 Dec 2019
- Textile’s primer on libp2p, part 2 (or why we really ❤️ libp2p), 12 Dec 2019
- IPFS Website Experiment Using Ethereum Name Service 01 Dec 2019
Quote of the week
Open positions working on IPFS
- Research Engineers and Scientists, ResNetLab
- Golang Engineer, focused on p2p systems and immutable data types, Qri
- IPFS Community Lead, Protocol Labs
- Project Operator, IPFS, Protocol Labs
- Specifications Engineer, libp2p, Protocol Labs
- Senior Software Engineer, IPFS or libp2p, Protocol Labs
- Engineering Manager, IPFS, Protocol Labs
Join the community at these upcoming events
- 18 Jan 2020 | Global Diversity CFP Day, Global
- 13-17 Feb 2020 | #BUIDL Week Colorado - ETHDenver 2020, Denver (CO), US
- 13 Feb 2020 | Distributed Networks Summit – IPFS & Friends, Denver (CO), US