# Welcome to the IPFS Weekly
Here’s what’s happening lately in the InterPlanetary File System (opens new window) galaxy and beyond! 🚀
# Top highlights this week
- Late-breaking news: js-ipfs to begin trialing a Lerna-style monorepo (opens new window)
- NEW! Explore the anatomy of a CID in ProtoSchool’s newest tutorial (opens new window)
- Discover how Terminal.co + IPFS (opens new window) = Web3 Deployment Simplified
- What’s the latest with Textile Threads? You know, the databases that run on IPFS with built-in support for decentralized applications, meaning multi-user, standardized encryption, and multi-protocol data exchange. See what’s new right here! (opens new window)
- We love to see folks hacking on IPFS around the globe–truly decentralized! Check out these members of the IPFS community (opens new window) from the ækiti community (opens new window) hacking on IPFS as a part of their workshop from Ekiti State, Nigeria. Kaabo!
- You’re going to want to read the first blog of the Trusted WebAssembly Runtime on the IPFS series (opens new window).
# People are building the coolest stuff with IPFS
- Bradbvry (opens new window): Web-based text editor that you truly own. Everything is encrypted with your private key and stored on IPFS.
- ethoFS (opens new window): Fully decentralized hosting platform that combines blockchain indexing technology and the IPFS to deliver decentralized content on-demand.
- Play to Earn (opens new window): Decentralized editorial platform about blockchain games, hosted on IPFS. Read their latest on the Tides of Magic open beta (opens new window).
- Qri (opens new window): Global dataset version control system (GDVCS) built on the distributed web, a.k.a. “git for datasets” just shipped their largest release ever! With v0.4.0 (opens new window), you can browse, search, & clone datasets all within the app!
- Resume (opens new window): Rename the result to a pdf, get a resume. rename to .jar and run get my website. Hosted on IPFS.
- Temporal (opens new window): Creator of scalable IPFS infrastructure, recently shipped a preview of their forthcoming IPFS pinning service, Playground (opens new window).
- New community favorite Terminal (opens new window) provides everything you need to launch and maintain fast, modern websites hosted on IPFS. Check out their latest release update (opens new window).
- Unstoppable Domains (opens new window) just released a Chrome browser extension (opens new window) with built in support for IPFS! Enjoy surfing the decentralized web 🏄
# Recommended viewing
SourceCred: A Social Algorithm, by Dandelion Mane at SustainWeb3
# Check out our recent mentions
- Why the Internet is Falling Apart and the Need for IPFS (opens new window), 09 Mar 2020
- Decentralized storage: the foundation of the Internet of Value (opens new window), 08 Mar 2020
- Additional Notes After IPFS Weekly Call (opens new window), 06 Mar 2020
- Slides: ENS beyond Ethereum (opens new window), 06 Mar 2020
- Blockchain Based Peer-Review Interfaces for Digital Medicine (opens new window), 05 Mar 2020
- Pushing Real Estate Data to the Chain (opens new window), 5 Mar 2020
- Terminal.co + HelloWorld.html (opens new window), 05 Mar 2020
- The Distributed Download by 3Box (opens new window), 03 Mar 2020
- What is IPFS? Interplanetary File System: Complete Beginner’s Guide (opens new window), 03 Mar 2020
# Check out Fission on the last IPFS Weekly Call
Yesterday, the folks from [Fission](https://blog.fission.codes/) joined the IPFS Weekly community call to share Fission’s app creation platform that decouples storage from apps, provides hosted services, and more. See the [slides from the full presentation here](https://talk.fission.codes/t/ipfs-weekly-community-call-fission-presenting/520), and check out [their blog post about it](https://blog.fission.codes/fission-on-the-ipfs-community-call/) too!
# Job hunting? Work on IPFS!
- Backend Software Engineer (opens new window): Work closely with the Qri engineering team to implement backend features that support the operation of both qri command-line and Qri Desktop. NYC or Remote.
- Community Engineer, libp2p (opens new window): Help introduce new open source projects to libp2p and clear hurdles for them to adopt the libp2p stack for the networking layer of their system. Protocol Labs, Remote
- Engineering Manager, IPFS (opens new window): Engineering managers have the challenging and exciting task of supporting and empowering engineering teams to deliver complex internet-scale systems in an environment defined by curiosity, passion, and a love for open source. Protocol Labs, Remote
- Frontend Software Engineer (opens new window): Work closely with the Qri engineering team to build and maintain features on Qri Desktop, an open source Electron app written with TypeScript, React, and Redux. NYC or Remote
- IPFS Community Lead (opens new window): Provide tactical support for the IPFS community, creating a global community strategy, and executing this strategy on the ground! Protocol Labs, Remote
- Project Operator, IPFS (opens new window): Tackle some of IPFS’s highest priority initiatives using flexible problem solving abilities. Also responsible for identifying the project’s most important problems, structuring them, and collaborating with cross-functional teams to come to a solution. Protocol Labs, Remote
- Specifications Engineer, libp2p (opens new window): Help write clear specifications for libp2p, and thus aid in new languages being able to implement the libp2p specs correctly. Protocol Labs, Remote
- Senior Software Engineer, IPFS or libp2p (opens new window), Experienced in distributed systems design and implementation? Join our full-time open-source team where we value experience independently designing and implementing significant components of complex systems, and the execution focus and discipline to carry projects to completion. Protocol Labs, Remote
# Join the community at these upcoming events
- The Web Conference 2020 (opens new window), 20-24 Apr 2020, Taipei, Taiwan
- GopherCon Europe 2020 (opens new window), 23-26 Apr 2020, Berlin, Germany
- Ethereal Summit New York 2020 (opens new window), 08-09 May 2020, New York (NY), US
- Magical Crypto Conference (opens new window), 09-10 May 2020, New York (NY), US
- Consensus 2020 (opens new window), 11-13 May 2020, New York (NY), US
- csv,conf,v5 (opens new window), 13-14 May 2020, Washington, D.C., US
Get involved with IPFS by checking us out on GitHub (opens new window), joining discussions on our community forum (opens new window), or hitting us up in chat (opens new window). Have a suggestion? Email us.
Get the IPFS Weekly in your inbox (opens new window), each Tuesday.