IPFS Weekly 81
by Jenn Turner on 2020-03-10
Welcome to the IPFS Weekly
Here’s what’s happening lately in the InterPlanetary File System galaxy and beyond! 🚀
Top highlights this week
- Late-breaking news: js-ipfs to begin trialing a Lerna-style monorepo
- NEW! Explore the anatomy of a CID in ProtoSchool’s newest tutorial
- Discover how Terminal.co + IPFS = Web3 Deployment Simplified
- What’s the latest with Textile Threads? You know, the databases that run on IPFS with built-in support for decentralized applications, meaning multi-user, standardized encryption, and multi-protocol data exchange. See what’s new right here!
- We love to see folks hacking on IPFS around the globe–truly decentralized! Check out these members of the IPFS community from the ækiti community hacking on IPFS as a part of their workshop from Ekiti State, Nigeria. Kaabo!
- You’re going to want to read the first blog of the Trusted WebAssembly Runtime on the IPFS series.
People are building the coolest stuff with IPFS
- Bradbvry: Web-based text editor that you truly own. Everything is encrypted with your private key and stored on IPFS.
- ethoFS: Fully decentralized hosting platform that combines blockchain indexing technology and the IPFS to deliver decentralized content on-demand.
- Play to Earn: Decentralized editorial platform about blockchain games, hosted on IPFS. Read their latest on the Tides of Magic open beta.
- Qri: Global dataset version control system (GDVCS) built on the distributed web, a.k.a. “git for datasets” just shipped their largest release ever! With v0.4.0, you can browse, search, & clone datasets all within the app!
- Resume: Rename the result to a pdf, get a resume. rename to .jar and run get my website. Hosted on IPFS.
- Temporal: Creator of scalable IPFS infrastructure, recently shipped a preview of their forthcoming IPFS pinning service, Playground.
- New community favorite Terminal provides everything you need to launch and maintain fast, modern websites hosted on IPFS. Check out their latest release update.
- Unstoppable Domains just released a Chrome browser extension with built in support for IPFS! Enjoy surfing the decentralized web 🏄
SourceCred: A Social Algorithm, by Dandelion Mane at SustainWeb3
Check out our recent mentions
- Why the Internet is Falling Apart and the Need for IPFS, 09 Mar 2020
- Decentralized storage: the foundation of the Internet of Value, 08 Mar 2020
- Additional Notes After IPFS Weekly Call, 06 Mar 2020
- Slides: ENS beyond Ethereum, 06 Mar 2020
- Blockchain Based Peer-Review Interfaces for Digital Medicine, 05 Mar 2020
- Pushing Real Estate Data to the Chain, 5 Mar 2020
- Terminal.co + HelloWorld.html, 05 Mar 2020
- The Distributed Download by 3Box, 03 Mar 2020
- What is IPFS? Interplanetary File System: Complete Beginner’s Guide, 03 Mar 2020
Check out Fission on the last IPFS Weekly Call
Yesterday, the folks from Fission joined the IPFS Weekly community call to share Fission’s app creation platform that decouples storage from apps, provides hosted services, and more. See the slides from the full presentation here, and check out their blog post about it too!
Job hunting? Work on IPFS!
- Backend Software Engineer: Work closely with the Qri engineering team to implement backend features that support the operation of both qri command-line and Qri Desktop. NYC or Remote.
- Community Engineer, libp2p: Help introduce new open source projects to libp2p and clear hurdles for them to adopt the libp2p stack for the networking layer of their system. Protocol Labs, Remote
- Engineering Manager, IPFS: Engineering managers have the challenging and exciting task of supporting and empowering engineering teams to deliver complex internet-scale systems in an environment defined by curiosity, passion, and a love for open source. Protocol Labs, Remote
- Frontend Software Engineer: Work closely with the Qri engineering team to build and maintain features on Qri Desktop, an open source Electron app written with TypeScript, React, and Redux. NYC or Remote
- IPFS Community Lead: Provide tactical support for the IPFS community, creating a global community strategy, and executing this strategy on the ground! Protocol Labs, Remote
- Project Operator, IPFS: Tackle some of IPFS’s highest priority initiatives using flexible problem solving abilities. Also responsible for identifying the project’s most important problems, structuring them, and collaborating with cross-functional teams to come to a solution. Protocol Labs, Remote
- Specifications Engineer, libp2p: Help write clear specifications for libp2p, and thus aid in new languages being able to implement the libp2p specs correctly. Protocol Labs, Remote
- Senior Software Engineer, IPFS or libp2p, Experienced in distributed systems design and implementation? Join our full-time open-source team where we value experience independently designing and implementing significant components of complex systems, and the execution focus and discipline to carry projects to completion. Protocol Labs, Remote
Join the community at these upcoming events
- The Web Conference 2020, 20-24 Apr 2020, Taipei, Taiwan
- GopherCon Europe 2020, 23-26 Apr 2020, Berlin, Germany
- Ethereal Summit New York 2020, 08-09 May 2020, New York (NY), US
- Magical Crypto Conference, 09-10 May 2020, New York (NY), US
- Consensus 2020, 11-13 May 2020, New York (NY), US
- csv,conf,v5, 13-14 May 2020, Washington, D.C., US
Get the IPFS Weekly in your inbox, each Tuesday.