IPFS Weekly 92
by Jenn Turner on 2020-06-10
Welcome to IPFS Weekly #92
Here’s what’s happening in the InterPlanetary File System galaxy! 🚀
Join us next Wednesday for our June meetup
Next week the IPFS community will be gathering for a virtual meetup on June 17th. Join us for a deeper dive into our latest releases, meet the IPFS core developers, and sign up to give a demo of your own!
js-ipfs 0.46.0 released
Powering through the API gateway enabling IPFS and Filecoin data management
Quote of the week
The 2 tech projects I'm most curious about right now are @AnytypeLabs (a self-hosted Notion) + @IPFS (a decentralized HTTP alternative). Worth looking into if you're a tech/web/UX enthusiast! https://t.co/0iMMvgCtFN— Lazlo (@__lazlo) June 8, 2020
Brand new on IPFS
- Recommended viewing: Learn how to deploy a decentralized React app on IPFS using Fleek.
- Textile’s threads implementation in Go released version 0.1.19. now with custom collection indexing.
- nOS releases OrbitDB and AvionDB Identity Provider for nOS Network and ARK Core-based blockchains, adding BIP39 passphrase-based access control to IPFS.
- Obsidian Systems brings IPFS support to Nix, a package manager for Linux and Unix systems making package management reliable and reproducible.
People build the coolest stuff with IPFS
- This repository exists to accumulate and contextualize evidence of police brutality during the 2020 George Floyd protests, and has an open PR to create a public IPFS Follow Cluster.
- IPDR is a Docker Registry tool that proxies Docker registry requests to IPFS for pushing and pulling images.
- Git Large File Storage offers custom transfer and extension implementation that makes using IPFS for storage easy.
- Check out IPIDE, an extensible IDE hosted on IPFS.
Job hunting? Work on IPFS!
Community Engineer, libp2p: Help introduce new open source projects to libp2p and clear hurdles for them to adopt the libp2p stack for the networking layer of their system. Protocol Labs, Remote
Engineering Manager, IPFS: Engineering managers have the challenging and exciting task of supporting and empowering engineering teams to deliver complex internet-scale systems in an environment defined by curiosity, passion, and a love for open source. Protocol Labs, Remote
IPFS Community Lead: Provide tactical support for the IPFS community, creating a global community strategy, and executing this strategy on the ground! Protocol Labs, Remote
Senior Software Engineer Rust/Go: You would be working with our distributed team of engineers on new products, core protocols or client projects. Most of the work we do is or will eventually be open source. Equilibrium, Remote
Software Engineer, the Underlay Project: Strong full-stack web developer with an interest in semantic web and decentralized web technologies. The Knowledge Futures Group, Remote
Take care of yourselves and each other. ❤️
Get the IPFS Weekly in your inbox, each Tuesday.