IPFS Weekly 48
by Jenn Turner on 2019-07-02
Welcome to the IPFS Weekly. 👋
The InterPlanetary File System (IPFS) is a new hypermedia distribution protocol, addressed by content and identity. IPFS enables the creation of completely distributed applications. It aims to make the web faster, safer, and more open. Since that’s a pretty large scope, we track development across the ecosystem in this weekly dispatch.
Want this update in your inbox? Subscribe to our weekly newsletter!
Here are some of the highlights since the last IPFS Weekly.
IPFS Camp Highlights
If you missed the first ever IPFS Camp, not to worry! We’ll be releasing videos and content from the 4-day event to catch you up. But first, we wanted to share this amazing recap of the event from Andrew Hill of Textile (seriously where did you get the energy to do this??). Andrew created an excellent highlight piece, complete with photos, links to projects and code, and summaries of crucial discussions and themes throughout. Thanks for putting this fantastic recap piece together, Andrew!
More to come soon, so watch this space for IPFS Camp updates!
IPFS in the wild
- Web3 Foundation Grants — Wave Two Recipients, 2 Jul 2019
- Arweave+IPFS: Persistence for the InterPlanetary File System, The Arweave Project, 27 June 2019
- So You Want to Leave Facebook, Hackernoon, 27 June 2019
- Infura June 2019 Update, 26 June 2019
- Updating your Website for IPFS, Cloudflare Developers, 25 June 2019
Updates and new releases
See the latest releases of IPFS tools and projects across the ecosystem.
- New release of ipfs-deploy v7.8.0 includes the long-awaited feature of allowing dnslinked subdomains on Cloudflare. Really cool way to do staging and share files!
- qri v0.8.2 – Qri Backend and CLI, a global dataset version control system (GDVCS) built on the distributed web!
Tools and projects we <3
Awesome IPFS is a community maintained and updated list of projects, tools, or pretty much any things related to IPFS that are totally awesome. To see more, or add yours to the list, visit Awesome IPFS on GitHub.
Join in the community discussions happening right now!
- IPFS as a storage option on Kubernetes? 1 July 2019
- Proposal Implementing History Aware IPNS Via Certificate Transparency Log Data Structure Trillian, 28 June 2019
- How to Solve Scalability in IPFS? 22 June 2019
Coming up in the Community
Did you know IPFS has a community forum at discuss.ipfs.io? Sign up to participate in discussions about coding, tutorials, see announcements and learn about upcoming community events.
- 18-21 July 2019: DWeb Camp is a chance for dreamers and builders to come together in one of the most beautiful spots on earth for a 4-day retreat to reimagine and build the web we want and deserve, location south of San Francisco, California.
- 2-5 August 2019: Offline Camp is a 4-day retreat to explore Offline First development and design in Grants Pass, Oregon. Learn more about the event here.
Thanks for reading ☺️
That’s it for this week’s news on all things IPFS. If we missed something, send us an email and let us know! That way we can feature you in next week’s edition.