js-ipfs 0.33.0 released
by Alan Shaw on 2018-11-01
All new Web UI - Check on your node stats, explore the IPLD powered Merkle forest, see peers around the world and manage your files, without needing to touch the CLI.
Set phasers to kill-er release ⚡️💥 JS #IPFS 0.33 just marched out the door with a swagger so big you wouldn't believe. Brand new WebUI 🙀 + a heap of features &fixes make it the best release since, well, the last one. Serious tho, it well good, install it https://t.co/XooZ86znuQ pic.twitter.com/oNH3xy4blp— Alan Shaw (@_alanshaw) November 1, 2018
🕹 Web UI 2.0
The IPFS Web UI has been given a HUGE revamp and is now 10x, no, 100x better than before! 😄
- Check the status of your node, it’s Peer ID and connection info, the network traffic and the number of connected peers
- Easily manage files in your IPFS repo. You can drag and drop to add files, move and rename them, delete, share or download them
- You can explore IPLD data that underpins how IPFS works
- See all of your connected peers, geolocated by their IP address
- Review the settings for your IPFS node, and update them to better suit your needs
🛠 CID tool
A command line tool for converting, formatting and discovering properties of CIDs.
In the near future IPFS will be switching it’s default CID version for added content to version 1 and will use base 32 encoding for serialized CIDs. This tool gives you the power to inspect and learn about CIDs as well as convert any CIDs you’ve been using from whatever base they’re encoded in to a different base!
🏗 API Changes
- Added CLI command
ipfs cid [sub-command]
- View the help with
ipfs cid --helpor view the documentation online
- View the help with
ipfs.types.dagPBhave been removed
dag-cbornodes retrieved from
ipfs.dag.getnow represent links as CID instances not
- See #1668 for more information
🙌🏽 Want to contribute?
Would you like to contribute to the IPFS project and don’t know how? Well, there are a few places you can get started:
- Check the issues with the
help wantedlabel at the Ready column in our waffle board - https://waffle.io/ipfs/js-ipfs?label=help%20wanted
- Join an IPFS All Hands, introduce yourself and let us know where you would like to contribute - https://github.com/ipfs/pm/#all-hands-call
- Hack with IPFS and show us what you made! The All Hands call is also the perfect venue for demos, join in and show us what you built
- Join the discussion at http://discuss.ipfs.io/ and help users finding their answers.
- Join the ⚡️ⒿⓈ Core Dev Team Weekly Sync 🙌🏽 and be part of the Sprint action!
⁉️ Do you have questions?
The best place to ask your questions about IPFS, how it works and what you can do with it is at discuss.ipfs.io. We are also available at the #ipfs channel on Freenode.