# IPFS Connect 2023 Istanbul 🔭
IPFS Connect is a community-run regional conference bringing together all of the builders and ecosystems that rely on and use IPFS as the most widely used decentralized content addressing protocol for files and data. This year's event is happening alongside Devconnect and LabWeek23 in Istanbul, Turkey on November 16. Join the IPFS Community for a full day of workshops, lightning talks, and demos showcasing technology, tools, and innovative projects in the IPFS ecosystem.
There are several opportunities for you to get involved with this event whether you're a business, organization, or individual.
# Brand New on IPFS ✨
- We’re excited to share a new IPFS-related feature that appears in the most recent version of Brave’s web browser. A new IPFS Infobar will appear at the top of the browser when you visit an IPFS compatible resource such as a CID on a public gateway or a website with a DNSLink. Learn more here! (opens new window)
- Thanks to the hard work and dedication of Mark Gaiser (opens new window), IPFS support was recently merged into curl (opens new window), a command line tool and library for transferring data with URL syntax. More information and an official announcement are to come, but we're excited for this important milestone. IPFS is already in the curl documentation: https://curl.se/docs/ipfs.html (opens new window)
- Read the blog post (opens new window) to learn all the details and follow this discussion forum thread if you want to be kept up-to-date about further developments: https://discuss.ipfs.tech/t/dht-discussion-and-contribution-opportunities-in-2023q4/16937/2 (opens new window)
- The ProbeLab team developed tools and infrastructure to capture the metrics you see at https://probelab.io/ (opens new window). We want to expand the list of metrics we capture and build new open-source tools that will help protocol designers and application developers get a better idea of where the performance of their application can improve. This is your chance to influence where our team focuses next. Please fill in the survey and let us know if and how you would be interested to contribute to this line of work. (opens new window)
- After lying dormant for many months, the awesome-ipfs website has been cleaned up and rebooted. Check out the updated version here! (opens new window)
- The September Filecoin & IPFS Ecosystem Roundup is online! Check out the video for the latest updates, developments, and insights straight from the community. Watch it here! (opens new window)
# Around the Ecosystem 🌎
- Did you know you can run IPFS on AWS? In this 3-part series on the AWS Database Blog, you'll learn how to do it thanks to a step-by-step guide. Check it out! (opens new window)
- "OrbitDB is a serverless, distributed, peer-to-peer database. OrbitDB uses IPFS as its data storage and Libp2p Pubsub to automatically sync databases with peers. It's an eventually consistent database that uses Merkle-CRDTs for conflict-free database writes and merges making OrbitDB an excellent choice for p2p and decentralized apps, blockchain applications and local-first web applications." Learn more here! (opens new window)
- Easy way for web3 developers to deploy their frontend to IPFS with a great developer experience. Connect your github and have a deployed site in a few clicks. Automatic CI/CD / Preview Builds / ENS support. Check it out here! (opens new window)
- ODD SDK is Fission's true local-first, edge computing stack. ODD SDK empowers you to build fully distributed web applications with auth and storage without needing a complex backend. View it here! (opens new window)
- "How [do I] set up my own bootstrap nodes to enable discovery and connection between nodes with public IP and nodes on a local network?" Read the discussion. (opens new window)
- "Are you a creative and strategic thinker with a passion for driving digital marketing excellence? Do you thrive in dynamic, cutting-edge environments and have a deep understanding of the tech industry? Join us at Filebase, a leading player in the decentralized storage revolution, as a Senior Digital Marketing Strategist." Learn more here! (opens new window)
- Have you booked your travel yet? LabWeek23 is happening in Istanbul, Türkiye, from November 13-17, alongside Devconnect! This is your chance to connect and collaborate with visionaries and teams that are domain leaders in ZK Proofs, AI and blockchain, DeSci, decentralized storage, gaming in Web3, public goods funding, cryptoeconomics, and much more. Learn more about it here! (opens new window)
# Have something you want featured? 📥
As part of our ongoing efforts to empower and promote community contributors, we're providing a new way for you to have a chance to influence the monthly IPFS newsletter! If you have something exciting or important that you think the IPFS community should know about, then you can submit this form (opens new window) to have it be considered for promotion via IPFS communication channels.