# Welcome to the IPFS Weekly. 👋
The InterPlanetary File System (IPFS) (opens new window) is a new hypermedia distribution protocol, addressed by content and identity. IPFS enables the creation of completely distributed applications. It aims to make the web faster, safer, and more open. Since that’s a pretty large scope, we track development across the ecosystem in this weekly dispatch.
Want this update in your inbox? Subscribe to our weekly newsletter! (opens new window)
Here are some of the highlights since the last IPFS Weekly.
# The latest
# IPFS Camp course videos released 🍿
If you’ve been following the updates from IPFS Camp you’ve likely already explored the videos from the lightning talks, deep dives, and poster projects, but now the videos from IPFS Camp’s core and elective courses have been released (opens new window)!
# IPFS Cluster v0.11.0 is out!
IPFS Cluster v0.11.0 is the biggest release in the project’s history (opens new window). Its main feature is the introduction of the new CRDT “consensus” component. Leveraging Pubsub, Bitswap and the DHT and using CRDTs, cluster peers can track the global pinset without needing to be online or worrying about the rest of the peers as it happens with the original Raft approach. Be sure to check out the updated documentation too (opens new window).
# IPFS in the wild
Do you follow IPFS on Twitter (opens new window)? For the latest mentions of IPFS in the news, check our Twitter feed or see the latest articles on Awesome IPFS (opens new window).
- Host a website using IPFS, IPNS, and DNSLink (opens new window), SimpleAsWater, 22 Sep 2019
- IPFS DeFi & FinTech Banking Reality Check (opens new window), Temporal, 20 Sep 2019
- Pool Full of cDAI (opens new window), The Graph, 20 Sep 2019
- VIDEO: Introduction to OpenBazaar P2P Marketplace Video (opens new window), CryptoShoppe, 19 Sep 2019
- RTrade Partners with Permaweb Utilizing Web 3.0 Infrastructure to Create New Publishing Platform. (opens new window) Temporal, 18 Sep 2019
- Publish your metadata and the source code to SWARM and IPFS (opens new window), Remix Ethereum-IDE, 18 Sep 2019
- Blockchain: Thinking BIG for Users. (opens new window) Ken Woodruff, 16 Sep 2019
- Sign up to Beta Test Qri! (opens new window) 15 Sep 2019
# Open Positions working on IPFS
- React Native Developer (opens new window), Berty, Paris, France
- Senior Backend Engineer (opens new window), MXC Foundation gGmbH, Berlin, Germany
- Senior Golang Engineer (opens new window), Textile, Remote
- Distributed Systems Technical Lead, IPFS (opens new window), Protocol Labs, Remote
- IPFS Documentation & Technical Content Strategist (opens new window), Protocol Labs, Remote
# Tools and projects we ❤️
Awesome IPFS (opens new window) is a community maintained and updated list of projects, tools, or pretty much any things related to IPFS that are totally awesome. To see more, or add yours to the list, visit Awesome IPFS on GitHub (opens new window).
- IpJot (opens new window) creates short notes, stories, books, poems etc on the web and adds them to IPFS.
- IPFS with TiddlyWiki (opens new window), a plugin who aims to help developers, editors or users to save their wikis and attachments over IPFS.
# Coming up in the Community
Did you know IPFS has a community forum at discuss.ipfs.io (opens new window)? Sign up to participate in discussions about coding, tutorials, see announcements and learn about upcoming community events.
- New IPFS Meetup: Zürich IPFS Meetup Gruppe (opens new window) will be gathering soon to discuss the potential and current situation of IPFS and (maybe also) similar P2P networks making economy borderless. Zürich, Switzerland.
- 27-30 September 2019: Offline Camp Oregon (opens new window) had to be postponed, but it’s still happening! Hear how past campers describe this unique unconference retreat (opens new window) focused on the Offline First (opens new window) approach to web development and design.
- 28 September 2019: ProtoSchool - Shanghai Chapter: Technical Salon Session 6 (opens new window) will take place at Caohejing International Incubation Center. Shanghai, China.
- 2 October 2019: Paris P2P Monthly Peer to Beer (opens new window) is a meeting organized by and for the community of P2P and cryptography enthusiasts. Paris, France.
- 7 October 2019: Get Ready for Mars (opens new window), an IPFS Workshop in Osaka invites you to dive deeper into how IPFS works under the hood, and how to practically use IPFS in new projects. Osaka, Japan.
- 28-30 October 2019: Open Source Summit + ELC Europe 2019 (opens new window) will feature Trevor Conn of Dell Technologies presenting “Securely Store IOT Edge Data with IPFS and Distributed Ledger.” Lyon, France.
# Thanks for reading ☺️
That’s it for this week’s news on all things IPFS. If we missed something, send us an email and let us know! That way we can feature you in next week’s edition.